- Enable invoices. When disabled, your customer will not receive an invoice after their purchase. You will be responsible for handling the invoices, if your customers ask for one.
- Enable tax breakdown. New in 1.6. When When enabled, the invoice lists all the various taxes that were applied to the order, instead of just one percentage.
- Enable product image. New in 1.6.1. When enabled, it will add the product's image next to the product name on the invoice.
- Invoice prefix. By default, PrestaShop has language-adapted invoice prefixes: "IN" in English, "FA" in French (for "facture"), "CU" in Spanish (for "cuenta"), etc. You could choose to have language codes instead: "EN", "FR", "SP", etc. Of course, you can also choose to have a single prefix for every language, or to not have a prefix at all.
PrestaShop will then generate the invoices number according to you settings: "#IN000001", "#FA000002", etc.
- Add current year to invoice number. In addition to the invoice number and prefix, the year will also appear in the invoice number.
- Reset invoice progressive number at the beginning of the year. At the beginning of a new year, the invoice number is reset to start again at 0.
- Position of the year date. Choose where to display the year date in the invoice number, before or after the progressive number.
- Invoice number. If your business has already had orders and invoices before you started using PrestaShop, you can use this option to start your invoice number from a higher number.
- Legal free text. New in 220.127.116.11. This This field allows you to add some extra content to the invoice, in case your local legislation require you to display additional information. On the invoice, it will appear below the payment methods summary. Of course, you can use this free text to display any text you deem necessary.
- Footer text. You can use this to have a custom text at the bottom of all your invoices. The text will appear below the name of your shop in the invoice.
- Invoice model. Depending on your themes, you might be able to use more than one style of invoice. Test them with a fake order, in order to choose the one you prefer. If you know how to code in HTML, you can add your own invoice models or edit the existing ones: they are located in the
/pdf/folder of your PrestaShop installation.
- Use the disk as cache for PDF invoices. You can choose to store generated invoices on PrestaShop's server disk rather than in its server cache. While it saves on memory usage, it slows down the PDF generation itself, so use it knowingly.