Making The Native Modules Work
This chapter explores the configuration process of all the default modules in PrestaShop 1.6.
There are more than 130 native modules available in 25 sections. Module sections are only displayed if they actually contain at least one module.
Some modules have configuration pages, which give you access to a couple of tools and information pages.
In every configuration page, generic buttons are gathered at the top of the screen:
- Disable. Desactivates the module while keeping its current settings for later use.
- Uninstall. Desactivates the module end delete its current settings.
- Reset. Wipes the module's current settings to set them back to default.
- Check and update. Checks whether a new version of this module is available (either in the PrestaShop repository or in the Addons online store), and if so, updates the module.
- Manage hooks. This link is a shortcut to the "Positions" page, from the "Modules" menu. From there, you can change the location of the module's interface on the front-end of your shop, or launch the Live Edit tool. The "Positions" page is configured so that you only the hooks available to the current module are displayed.
- Back. A link back to the module list.
At the bottom of the screen, the Manage translations selector contains shortcuts to the "Translations" page for installed modules. From there, you can update the module's translation for the selected language. For instance, you might want to change the wording in order to better fit your use.
Some modules will not be installed from files on your server, but downloaded from the Addons website. It helps ensure that you always have the latest version of a module.
The "Must have" modules are also from the Addons website, but are not freely available. They are not listed in this chapter.
This chapter contains the following sections: