A Look Inside the Catalog
Throughout the product set up we are going to tackle how to use several tabs.
The Tracking tab indicates the sections of your store to which you must pay the most attention to in order to manage your store.
Four sections are shown:
- List of empty categories: shows you the number and the name of catalog categories that don’t have any products. Delete the empty categories or fill them with products. This enables to avoid having customers find themselves in an empty category in your store.
- List of disabled products: shows you the number and name of products that have been disabled in the store and that aren’t visible to your customers. Think about enabling them or deleting them from your catalog.
- List of out of stock products with/without attributes: shows you which products are no longer in stock. Take the necessary measures to restock them.
The “Tracking” tab should be checked regularly in order to improve the catalog management.
By entering information about the manufacturers, your site’s visitors can have rapid access to all of this manufacturer’s products. This makes navigating around your site easier for them. In terms of Internet visibility, filling out these fields will improve your position in search engines.
Click on “Add new”, and a form will appear:
Let’s now fill out all of the fields:
- The “Name” field—indicate the name of the manufacturer in order to simplify your visitor ’s searches.
- The “Short description” field—the description that will appear on the search engines when you make a request. Limited to 100 characters.
- The “Description” field— add a more complex description of your manufacturer and their activity and products.
You can detail their specialties and push the quality of their products. The manufacturer’s description will be shown in your store in the following manner:
- The SEO fields such as Title, Meta description, and Meta Keywords, correspond to the same function as the categories.
You will find a description of the reference fields in the product category management, in the "Create a Category / Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Fields" section of this guide.
Image Mapping assigns multiple clickable zones to an image so that different product pages can be opened by clicking on one single image. This feature makes your site very attractive by easing your customers’ navigation Let ’s look at how to configure this feature.
Click on the “Image Mapping” tab and you will arrive at the following page.