|Table of Contents|
PrestaShop 1.4 5 comes bundled with over 110 117 modules that can be installed/uninstalled and configured as desired, so as in order to customize and complete your shop.
The range of actions is virtually unlimited: the extensibility of PrestaShop makes it possible to turn your shop into exactly what you intend it to do, instead of you having to comply with constraints that you didn't choose – provided you can find the module that does exactly what you need.
The "Modules" tabs page under the "Modules" tab gives you access to the list of modules. On this page you can install, uninstall, and configure each module.
Above and below the page title, you will at times get notifications from installed modules. Most of the time, the notification help you complete the configuration of modules that are installed but not yet ready to be used: updating their setting should make the notification disappear... and your module work properly.
Above the table of modules are two buttons, titled "Normal view" and "Favorite view". They radically change the way modules are listed.
This is the default you. It enables you to quickly find the module you want to install or edit the settings of.
The first section is where you can search for a specific module, or filter down module until you find the one you are looking for.
- Search field. Modules are displayed while you type their name, which makes it even more intuitive and fast.
- 'Sort by' selectors. The list automatically reloads when you make a select, and displays modules according to all the current settings.
- All modules.
- Native modules. The ones that were in the default distribution of PrestaShop, i.e. not modules that you added afterwards.
- Partner modules. Modules that were created for PrestaShop partners. Most of the time, they enable your shop to work with the partner's third-party service.
- Author. You filter the modules by author. Be default, only "PrestaShop" is available, but as add more modules, this selector will prove very useful.
- Other modules. Modules that are neither native, native made for PrestaShop partners. They are often written by independent developers, but can also be written by the PrestaShop team.
- Installed & Not Installed.
- Enabled & Disabled.
- All countries.
- All modules.
On the left is a list of all the categories, with the number of modules in brackets. Click on a module category in order to filter the displayed module.
- Click on "Install": in one click, the module is installed.
- When a module needs to be configured, a click on "Configure" will lead you to a set-up wizard.
- Uninstalling can also be done with a single click. You will lose your settings for this module
- If you'd rather keep your settings for this module, you can disable it by clicking on the green tick.
Modules can have one of 4 statuses, represented by iconseach with specific color:
- Installed and enabled
- Non installed: orange.
- Installed but disabled: gray.
- Installed and enabled: green.
- Installed and enabled, but with warnings.:
Most of the time, warnings are a reminder that you haven't properly configured the module. Click their "Configure" link and go through the various needed steps.
Modules And Themes Catalog