As a shop manager, you will have to deal with heaps of orders and their accompanying invoices and customer support requests – at least, that's what we wish for you. The daily task of handling numerous orders can be daunting. Luckily Fortunately PrestaShop does its best to help you wade through them all and successfully handle your customers' purchases, along with credit slips and the unavoidable merchandise returns.
The "Orders" page under the "Orders" tab enables you to see all of the information about all the purchases from your storeshop. All of your storeshop's transactions are available there, organized by date (by default, it is set to sort from newest to oldest).
You can filter the results and easily find the orders you're looking for by using the fields above. For instance, to identify Mr. Doe's orders, type Doe into the "Customer" field and then click "Filter".
Viewing Order Details
In order to process the orders you receive, you have to view the information they contain.
Click on the line containing the order, or click on the button to the right of the order.
- The status and history of the order.
- The carrier information, : total weight of order and carrier chosen by the customer.
- The method of payment that was used, the cost of the products, and the shipping costs.
- Various details on the ordered products.
In the "Shipping address" section of the page, you can see a "G" icon: the enables you to use Google Maps to locate the address on a map.
Editing the order
Many sections of the order sheet have an "edit" icon, which enables you to update or correct some of the data provided by the customer.
- Shipping address.
- Invoice address.
Sending a message to your customer
In the "New Message" section, at the bottom of the page, you can send a message to your the customer, in order to give him or her information concerning the order, a delay, a surprise, or keep him informed on offers and specials. This is key to good business.
There are two links available:
- Click here to add a comment or send a message to the customer.
- You can send a message by writing it in the message box.
- Pre-written message can be saved and used multiple times, saving you the hassle of writing them over and over again. If you would like to send one of these messages, select it from the drop-down menu. You can add further details to the pre-written message if needed
- Click here to see all messages. Rather than opening a message form, this link will take you to the "Customer service" page of the "Customers" tab.
In both of these cases, once your message is ready, click "Send". Your customer will receive your message in their inbox (the one indicated in their account).