Attributes are the basis of product combinations: you can only create variations of a product if its attributes change.
Attributes are configured on a per-product basis, from the "Product" page under the "Catalog" tab, but they must first be registered on your shop using the tool on the "Attributes and Values" page under the "Catalog" tab.
You can add more values for the same attribute type by saving your changes with the "Save then add another value" button.
To add a choice to the group of attributes that you just created, you must create a specific variation.
Select the attribute group then click on "Add attribute" and fill out the form that appears.
Fill out the value for your variation, then select the appropriate group from the drop-down menu.
To have a better understanding of this notion, an Attributes Group can be Color or Weight whereas the attributes themselves can be the colors green, yellow, or brown, or weights of 4 pounds, 8 pounds, or 16 pounds.
In the screenshot below, you can see how to edit an attribute: select the attribute that you want to modify, and a form will appear.
Click on the "edit" icon on the left of the color you want to edit, and a new form will appear:
Choose the HTML color or upload a photo from your computer (if you are displaying textures instead of colors, for instance). The HTML color will then be replaced by the photo of the textureThe main list eventually presents you with all your registered attributes. You can edit or delete each using the buttons on the right of the table, or display their values by clicking on the "+" icon, which opens a sub-table.
You can also set the attributes presentation order on the front-office either by clicking on the arrow icons, or by drag'n'dropping each row when the mouse cursor indicates you can.
Features are a product's intrinsic characteristic: they do not change depending on a combination of attributes, and remain the same throughout the product's combinations.
Features are configured on a per-product basis, from the "Product" page under the "Catalog" tab, but they must first be registered on your shop using the tool on the "Features" page under the "Catalog" tab.
Click on "Add new feature". A very simple form appears. This is where you name the feature itself: for example, the types of headphones provided with a music player.
Give a name to this news feature, and save your new feature to return to the attributes list, then click on "Add new feature value". Another page appears.
Fill out the form:
- Feature. From the dropdown list, select one of the available features.
- Value. Give a value to the attribute: "5 lbs", "27 cm", "
You can add more values for the same feature type by saving your changes with the "Save and add another value" button.
The main list eventually presents you with all your registered features. You can edit or delete each using the buttons on the right of the table, or display their values by clicking on the "+" icon, which opens a sub-table.
You can also set the features presentation order on the front-office either by clicking on the arrow icons, or by drag'n'dropping each row when the mouse cursor indicates you can.
By entering information about the manufacturers, your site's visitors can have rapid access to all of this manufacturer's products. This makes navigating around your site easier for them. In terms of visibility, filling out these fields will improve your position in search engines.
Click on "Add new", and a creation form will appearappears.
Let's now Now fill out all of the fields:
- Name. Indicate the name of the manufacturer in order to simplify your visitor's searches.
- Short description. The description that will appear on the search engines when you make a request. Limited to a 100 characters.
- Description. Add a more complex description of your manufacturer and their activity and products.
You can detail their specialties and promote the quality of their products. The manufacturer's description will be shown in your store among the others.
- Logo. Having a manufacturer logo is essential: it leads the customers eyes to trust your shop almost as much as they trust that manufacturer/brand.
- The SEO fields (Title, Meta description, and Meta Keywords): provide the same functionality as they do in the categories.
- Meta title. The title that will appear on the search engines when a request is made by a customer
- Meta description. A presentation of your site in just a few lines, intended to capture a customer's interest. This will appear in search results
- Meta Keywords. Keywords that you must define in order to have your site referenced by search engines. You can enter several of them, separated by commas, as well as expressions, which must be indicated in quotation marks.
- Enable. You can disable a manufacturer, even temporarily. This will only remove it from the manufacturers list on your shop's front-end.
Save your changes in order to be taken back to the manufacturers list. From there, you can:
- click on a manufacturer's name or logo, and get all the product associated with it. If there are none, then you should work on a per-product basis, from the "Products" page under the "Catalog" tab, using each product's "Associations" tab on the left.
The same result is achieved by click the view icon on the right.
- disable the manufacturer, by clicking on the green check icon. Once disabled, a red cross icon appears in its place: click to re-enable the manufacturer.
- edit/delete the manufacturer by click on the respective buttons on the right of the row.
At the bottom of the "Manufacturers" page is an "Addresses" section. Each manufacturer can have its own address registered with PrestaShop. This serves mainly as a reminder for yourself: this way, you'll always have the contact address for a manufacturer available directly within PrestaShop.
Set up in a similar way, albeit shorter, as the "Manufacturer" form, configuring "Suppliers" is optional if you already have manufacturers. It all depends on your needs, since your product supplier might not be the same as the product manufacturer.
Attributes & Groups
This tab was explained step by step in the "Managing Your Catalog" chapter of this user-guide, in the "Configuring Product Attributes" section. Please refer to that part of the documentation.
This tab was explained step by step in the "Managing Your Catalog" chapter of this user-guide, in the "Configuring Product Features" section.
Image Mapping assigns multiple clickable zones to an image so that different product pages can be opened by clicking on one single image. This feature makes your site very attractive by easing your customers' navigation. Let's take a look at how to configure this feature.