- Default language. This is the main language for your shop. This setting will influence your back - office's language (including the main language for your products), as well as the front - office. Note that the front - office's language might adapt to the setting of the customer's browser.
- Default country. The location of your business. If you have headquarters in many countries, use your main or original country.
- Default currency. The currency in which your product's prices are first set. Currencies are added by importing and activating a country's currency. Note that if you change currency after having already set a few product prices, you will have to manually update all the existing prices. Make sure to set that value once and for all.
- Time zone. You own time zone. This is useful for daily discount for instance: you know exactly when it starts and ends.
Since version 184.108.40.206, the "Default language" and "Default country" settings each have an additional setting:
The physical units presented in this section (weight, distance, volume, dimension) are used both in your product sheets and for your own packaging needs – and ultimately, is essential in your relationship with your carrier.
These values can be set when you import the localization package for a country, but you can edit manually them afterwards. For instance, if you would rather have centiliters instead of liters for the volume unit, change the default "L" to "cL".
- For the language: ISO 639-1 code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes).
- For the country: ISO 3166-1 Alpha 2 code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2).
These values can be set when you import the localization package for a country, but you can edit them manually them afterwardsat any time.