Clicking on the "Generate robots.txt" button replaces any existing
robots.txt file with a new one. Therefore, if you want to add your own rules, do it after PrestaShop has generated its version of the file.
CMS - Managing Static Content
PrestaShop enables you create content pages as easily as you would create product pages, using its CMS tool. The pages will appear to customers in the "Information" block on your homepage and in the site menu.
- Name. Make sure to use a short and straightforward word.
- Displayed. Whether the category and its pages are available to the public, or hidden.
- Parent CMS category. The category under which this category is placed. By default, "Home". You can have an unlimited number of levels of categories.
- Description. Do fill this field in all languages, as some theme can display that information to customers.
- Meta title. The name of the category, as displayed in the browser.
- Meta description. Used to describe the content of this category for search engines.
- Meta keywords. Used by search engines to understand what type of information the category is composed of.
- Friendly URL. Makes it easier for search engines to index your content, and for visitors to understand what they will find in the category. This field is automatically filled as you enter the category name, but you can still edit it manually.
Creating a New CMS Page
Click the "Add New" button to reach the content creation form: