- Name. The name is public, so you should keep it casual.
- Description. The description is not public. It helps your shop employees understand why the rule was created.
- Code. Give your rule a unique code. You can either create one manually (and therefore use readable words, like 1VOUCH4JOE), or have PrestaShop generate one unique string by clicking the "Click to generate random code" button. Of course, you can also use any other string generator (such as http://www.random.org/strings/).
Note that if no code is set, the rule will apply to any customer fitting the other conditions:
- If there is a code, then customer have to enter it during the ordering process.
- If there is no code, then the rule is automatically applied to benefiting customers.
- Partial use. If disabled, the rule/voucher can only be used once, even if it is not completely used. If enabled, a new voucher is created when the current one is not completely used.
- Priority. If a customer (or group of customers) are is eligible for more than one voucher, or if more than one voucher can be applied to an order, then PrestaShop applies said voucher one by one in the alphanumerical order. You can change that order by placing a lower priority to you voucher. By default, they all have a priority of 1. If you set it to a higher number, the voucher will be applied after vouchers with a lower number.
- Status. You can disable and enable a rule whenever you feel is necessary.
- Carrier selection. You can make it so that the customer will have a discount if he or she chooses a specific carrier for the package delivery.
- Customer group selection. This is very useful. Thanks to PrestaShop's group creation tool, you can create discount that apply to a range of users, and build other conditions on top of that discount thanks to the cart rule creation tool.
You can go even further: with the help of modules such as the "Customer Segmentation" module, you have a set of very powerful tools to create cart rule, and make clients happy in a more targeted manner. Download the "Customer Segmentation" module here: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/analytics-stats/2943-customer-segmentation.html
- Compatibility with other cart rules. By default, an order can benefit from any number of cart rules. With this option, you can tell PrestaShop that this rule cannot be combined with a selection of other rules. This option only appears if you have more than one cart rule.
- Product selection. Another very useful tool, which enables to create automatic vouchers for cart which contain specific products. The tool is explained in more detail below.
- Shop selection. By defautdefault, a cart rule applies to all your stores. With this option, you can make it so that rule only applies to a selection of your stores.