- Catalog: This is the heart of your shop, where you will add products, create categories, set up carriers and suppliers...
- Orders: Once clients start adding products in their carts, you will start seeing orders in this menu, with the resulting invoices. This is also where you handle merchandise returns, credit slips and per-order customer service, among other things.
- Customers: Here you can access all the information about your clients, and edit their addresses, create groups of customers to which you can apply special discounts, handle customer service, and even manage account genders if need be.
- Price Rules: A very specific menu, enabling you to easily create vouchers and price reductions through a set of rules.
- Shipping: Everything pertaining to carriers and shipping costs.
- Localization: Helps you localize your shop with local values, such as language and translation, currency, units, taxes and tax rules, and geographical entities (regions, countries, etc.)
- Modules: Extend the power and usefulness of your shop by adding and activating modules, a hundred of them being available by default, and many more to buy on the Addons marketplace. This is also where you handle themes, and where modules' blocks get positioned on the theme. One last menu page enables you to apply global settings to payment modules.
- Preferences: PrestaShop is a very configurable e-commerce solution, and you can edit just about any of its behaviors using the full-featured preferences.
- Advanced Parameters: Contains links to tools and informational pages that are too specific to fit in other menus, such as the Web service settings, the database backup tool, or the performance page, among others.
- Administration: Here are the settings pertaining to the back-office itself; for instance, the content of the Quick Access menu, the employees list and permissions, or the menu order, among others.
- Stats: Gives access to all the numerous statistics and graphics that are gathered and generated by PrestaShop.
- Shops: PrestaShop 1.5 enables you to handle many shops with a single installation of the solution. You can create as many as needed, group them, and assign them to specific URLs on your domain.
These are the default menus. Note that modules can add new menus, add new pages to the existing menus, and even new options to the existing pages.
Also, two menus are one menu is only available when the proper options are set:
- Stock. This menu gives you access to a whole new feature of PrestaShop 1.5, where you can handle warehouses, stock movement and supply orders.
It can be made available through the "Products" preference page: activating the "Enable advanced stock management" option (in the "Products stock" section).
In beta versions of PrestaShop 1.5, the multistore feature had its own menu, called "Shops".
It has been moved to the "Multistore" page, under the "Advanced parameters" menu, and can be made available through the "General" preference page, by activating the "Enable Multistore" option.
This page gives you access to another new feature of PrestaShop 1.5, which enable you to manage several online shops with a single installation of PrestaShop.
Learn more in the "
Managing multiple shops" chapter of this guide.
All the default standard menus, including the "Stock" and "Shops" menusmenu, are explained in depth in this user guide.