- Registration process type. New in 1.5. You can let visitors create a new account without any immediate obligation to register an address, or force them to register an address as soon as they create their account.
The first option makes it quicker to create account, which is great, but this will add a new mandatory screen once they want to validate an order, which can turn them off.
On the other end, the second option makes account creation longer, but at least they will already have an address registered when they want to validate an order.
- Phone number. Likewise, you can require your client to register a phone number, or not. Having a phone number can prove invaluable to you, as this makes it possible to contact a client directly, but some client resent giving this kind of information. If you select "No", the "Phone number" fields will still appear in the address creation form, but they will no longer be mandatory.
- Cart re-display at login. If the customer had a cart that was not checked-out, display it once he or she logs back in.
- Send an email after registration. New in 220.127.116.11. You can have PrestaShop send an e-mail to any newly-created customer with a summary of his account information (email, password) after registration.
- Regenerate password. New in 1.5. You can choose to limit the frequency at which a customer can generate a new password for his or her account. By default, it is set at 360 minutes – 6 hours.
- Enable B2B mode. New in 1.5. The B2B mode brings a handful of new features to your store. Customers are no longer considered as individuals but as companies, and therefore some new options appear:
- The customer profile has new fields related to professional information (Duns number in the USA, SIRET number in France, CNPJ number in Brazil, etc.),
- prices Prices can be masked to specific groups,
- prices Prices can be managed on a per-customer basis for the whole catalog or per category,
- invoices Invoices can be generated manually,