We are now going to look over how to set up and handle these modules, which are absolutely essential to your online store.
How customers pay for products in their shopping cart is just as important as the shopping cart itself. So when choosing a payment processing solution, make sure you chose one that works for you, and Allied Wallet is one of the best payment solutions available to PrestaShop users.
You must have an Allied Wallet account in order to use this module, and you can easily create one by going to this URL: https://www.alliedwallet.com/sign-up.
Configure the module with your Allied Wallet Merchant ID, your Allied Wallet Site ID and your Redirect URL. The redirect URL is the page to which Allied Wallet should return paying customers once they have validated their purchase on their server. Generally, you can keep the suggested URL, which is http://URL-OF-YOUR-SHOP/history.php.
Once you've filled out the necessary information and have received a confirmation email from Allied Wallet, you’ll be able to start accepting payments securely from customers all over the world.
Bank Wire module
Click "Install" for the module, if it's not already the case. A "Configure" link appears below the module's name. Click it: a form appears, asking for some information.
PrestaShop offers several partner payment modules:
- Google checkoutMerchant Warehouse
- PayU Latam
- weXpay e-money
In order to use these modules, click on the "Install" button in the payments module list.
Once you have an account, follow the instructions provided by the module: fill in the fields with your information, and click "Update configuration".
Hipay is a " safe payment method to book your ticket for holidays and pay for shopping online. No card or bank account needed!"
You must have a Cash-Ticket account in order to use this module. Contact them for more information.
Once you have an account, fill in the various fields with your information, and click "Update configuration".
DIBS is "the leading supplier of payment solutions in the Nordic countries."and effective solution to pay, be paid online and bill all types of products, contents and - or services: digital, physical goods, download...
Once you have an account, follow the instructions provided by the module: fill in the various fields with your the information Hipay provided you with, and finally, click the "Update configuration". Do follow the instruction given by the module. DIBS also provides a step-by-step guide to integrating their system.
Google Checkout is "a fast, secure checkout process that helps increase sales by bringing you more customers and allowing them to buy from you quickly and easily with a single login."
The Kwixo module makes it possible for your shop to accept payments through Kwixo's own payment service. Kwixo is part of FIA-Net, the French e-commerce trust seal, and two major French banks, Crédit Agricole and LCL. Customers need to have a Kwixo account, and to have registered a credit card on their service.
You must have a Google Checkout Kwixo account in order to use this module. Use you Google account to log in.
Once you have an account, follow the instructions provided by the module. Once done, click the "Update configuration" button.
Hipay is a safe and effective solution to pay, be paid online and bill all types of products, contents and - or services: digital, physical goods, download...
You must have a Hipay account in order to use this module. Use their online form.
Once you have an account, follow the instructions provided by the module: fill in the various fields with the information Hipay provided you with, and finally, click the "Update configuration".
You can reach the sign-up form by clicking on the link in the configuration page.
Then, configure the module with your Merch Id, you Crypt Key, and indicate whether you want to work in Test mode for now, the type of payment you want to accept, and your delay for delivery.
From there on, complete the configuration information by indicating your main product types in the "Information on products sold on your shop" section, and your carrier types in the "Carrier Configuration" section.
Once the settings are in place, your customers will see the "Kwixo" option appear in the shop's front-office as part of the available payment methods.
As a merchant, you have access to a Kwixo-specific back-office at the URL located in the "Manage your payments in your Kwixo administration interface" section.
Eliminate expensive and unnecessary gateway fees by partnering with Merchant Warehouse for your payment processing needs!
Moneybookers is "the cheaper way to send and receive money worldwide. Secure and convenient online payments."
Once you have an account, follow the instructions provided by the module: fill in the various fields, then click the "Update configuration".
PaysafeCard is "an electronic payment method for predominantly online shopping and is based on a pre-pay system."
You must have a Paysafecard account in order to use this module. Use this PrestaShop partner link.
Module for accepting payments in Latin American countries from local credit cards, local bank transfers and cash deposits.
Stripe (https://stripe.com/prestashop) is a premier online payment solution that offers something many competitors do not… simplistic transparency.
You will now need to copy and paste the API Keys into the module itself. Both the "Test" and "Live" API Keys can be found under "Account Settings" in the Stripe dashboard. After copying them into the module, click "Save." Once complete, you will be ready to start accepting secure online payments from customers in USD or CAD. It's that easy.
Allow your customers to pay from their online bank account directly in your web-shop. The only payment method in Spain with 90% bank coverage.
The weXpay module makes it possible for your shop to accept payments through weXpay's own pre-paid system. weXpay is a French solution.
You must have a weXpay account in order to use this module. You can contact their team using the information in the "Contactez l'équipe weXpay" section on the right.
Then, configure the module with your weXpay merchant ID.
You can find more information on the configuration by reading the weXpay PDF, found under the "Pour plus d'infos, cliquez-ici" link at the bottom.
Once the settings are in place, your customers will see the "weXpay" option appear in the shop's front-office as part of the available payment methods.
Payment Module Restrictions on Currencies
This sub-tab also gives you access to a set of options, which apply to the whole store and all of the orders.
- Whether or not taxes are included in each purchase.
- Whether or not taxes are displayed in the cart.
- Which customer address should the tax be based on.
- Whether or not an ecotax applies (read this Wikipedia page to learn more about the ecotax).
- Give it a unique code. You can either create one manually (and therefore use readable words, like 1VOUCH4JOE), or have PrestaShop generate one unique string by clicking the "New" button. Of course, you can also use another string generator (such as random.org's). You can use up to 32 characters.
- The "Type" field enables you to choose the method of the applied discount:
- Discount on order (%). The voucher applies to a percentage of the order total. For instance, let's say the order is valued at $200 before taxes. The voucher has a value of -15%. When applying this coupon the customer will only have to pay $170 before taxes.
- Discount on order (amount). This choice is applied to a monetary discount on the entire order. For instance, let's say the order is valued at $100 before taxes. The discount offers $20 off the purchase. By using the discount the customer pays only $80 before tax.
- Free shipping. With this discount, you can treat your customers to free shipping. They can use the code when paying and it will apply to their offer.
- Choose the voucher's behavior – meaning how it should behave when the order's amount is less that the voucher's:
- reduce Reduce the voucher to the total order amount: do this if you want vouchers to be used only once.
- create Create a new voucher with the remaining amount: do this if your customers can use their voucher's value for as long as it has some.
- create Create a negative invoice: do this if you want vouchers to be used only once, but you still need to know the final value for your accounting book. The user won't receive any kind of further voucher or discount.
- Give it a proper description, in every languages that your shop supports (click on the flag to change language). Customers will be able to read this, so write a proper sentence.
- Indicate which categories the voucher applies to – because sometimes you'd rather have customers not use vouchers for certain products.
- Set a quantity of available vouchers: either "1" if it is intended for a single customer, or any number if the voucher is for whoever uses one first.
- You can set the number of times a voucher can be used. That number must be at least equal to the quantity of available vouchers.
- If that number is inferior to the total quantity of available vouchers, then one single customer won't be able to use all of them.
- Keeping it to "1" makes sure that each of your customers can only the voucher once. In that case, make sure the voucher applies to a group rather than a customer...
- Set a minimum amount under which the voucher is not applicable. Your voucher will only be applicable if the customer's order is above the given amount.
- You can choose whether or not the vouchers are allowed to be used with other promotions on your products or other vouchers. Make your preferences known by ticking the checkboxes.
- The "To be used by" field enables you to restrict your voucher to only one of your customers. For instance, if you had a delivery delay and you want to apologize, you can create a voucher for this customer that only he or she can access. To quickly find the customer, type in the first few letters of their First or Last name in the "Filter" field.
- The voucher can have a time limit (for instance, a discount for launch week). Click the "From" and "To" fields in order to choose your dates using the calendar. By default, a new voucher lasts a year.
- You can decide whether the voucher should be shown in the cart summary or not. Do this if you want to inform a customer that they can use a voucher. If you'd rather not push for the voucher's usage, then do not show it.
- Finally, the "Enable" field allows you to enable or disable the vouchers.