- Name. The first thing to complete is the product name, which will appear in the search results. Next to the field you will find a flag, which enables you to choose the language into which you wish to edit or create the name.
You must give the product a name in at least the default language before you can save it. You won't be able to save until it has a name – and many other tab require the product to be saved in order to be accessible.
- Reference. This is your own internal reference. It might be a number, or it's its reference from the storage location or its supplier, or anything that makes it unique. Optional.
- EAN13 or JAN. These are barcode numbers, which are used worldwide in order to identify products. You can use either a EAN13 or a JAN number.
- A EAN13 is the product's 13-digit international article number. Read more on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Article_Number_%28EAN%29
- A JAN is specific to Japan, but is compatible with the international EAN. Read more on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Article_Number
- UPC. A 12-digit barcode, more widely used in North America, UK, Australia and New-Zealand
PrestaShop 1.4 enabled you to indicate the product manufacturer right on this page. In version 1.5, this setting has been moved in the "Associations" tab.
The "Manufacturer" field enables you to enter the name of the manufacturer of the product. This is an optional field.
Click "Create" next to the Manufacturer field to add a new manufacturer, or select from the drop-down menu which one to associate with this product.
You can add information to better manage your item listing in the "Reference", "Supplier reference", "EAN13 or JAN", "UPC" or "Location" fields.