Thanks to this feature, you can manage many customized shops , which share many common elements. For more efficiency, you can even create groups of shops.
- Do you want your shops to have a different price for the same product (besides special discounts for a client or group of clients).?
If the answer is 'yes', then you need to use the multistore feature.
- When a client buys from one shop, would you want him or her to NOT have access that shop's order history and invoices from the other shop (even if the client have the same login credentials on both shops).?
If the answer is 'yes', then you need to use the multistore feature: the shops will not share their carts and orders, and customers putting items in their cart for shop 1 will not see these items in their cart for shop 2.
- Log-in to your shop's administration.
- Go to the "Shop Parameters" menu and select the "General" page.
- Find the "Enable multistore" option, select "Yes".
- Save your changes.
There you go: the multistore feature is now in place, starting with the addition of the "Multistore" page under the "Advanced parameters" menu. This is the page where you will manage the various shops created with this PrestaShop installation.