Here is an example of out-of-range behavior: Let's say you have set up a weight range from 0 to 10 lbs. Your customer wants to place an order that is 15 lbs, and no behavior has been configured for this weight. By choosing “Apply the cost of the highest defined range”, PrestaShop will apply the price conditions that you have set up for orders from 5-10 lbs If you choose “Deactivate the carrier”, then this carrier will not be offered to the customer in this case.
- Enter the name of the country that you would like to add.
- Enter its ISO-3166 code, which you can found on the official ISO page.
- Enter its international call code, which you can found on this Wikipedia page.
- Indicate its default currency. You can use your shop's default currency (as set in the Payments > Currencies sub-tab), or one of the other default currencies. Remember that if needed, you can add a new currency to your shop using the Payments > Currencies that sub-tab.
- Indicate its zone, the world subregion this country is attached to. If needed, you can add new zones using the Shipping > Zones sub-tab.
- Indicate whether a user sign-up with the address must give a zip code or not.
- You may also give more detail on the format of the postal code (or zip code). If you don't put anything, PrestaShop won't verify the validity of the zip code when given a new address for this country.
- Use the following codes for the postal code: "L" for a letter, "N" for a number and "C" for the country's ISO code (the one which you entered in the ISO field above).
- You can rely on this Wikipedia page if you do not know the postal code format. Pay attention NOT to copy/paste the notation from Wikipedia, but to adapt it! For instance, Wikipedia indicates "AAA 9999*" for Malta, so the notation for PrestaShop becomes "LLL NNNN".
- Give details about the address layout. You can click on the various helper link on the side of the text-field in order to add more field. In live usage, they are automatically replaced by PrestaShop with the data from the customer's account.
- Enabled or disable it. A disabled country will not be proposed when your customers want to register and create an account.
- Indicate if it does contains "states". This adds a new field to the PrestaShop address form. Note that "states" can be regions, province, departments... anything that makes sense to the country's postal service.
- Indicate if the country needs a Tax Identification Number, and if its tax label should be displayed or not.
- Save: you're done creating a country!