PrestaShop enables you to give your customers certain privileges, by assigning them to Groups. You can create as many customer groups as needed, and assign a user to as many groups as you like.
Once these settings are in place, you can save the group as-is, or add per-category and/or per-module settings, by clicking on either the "Save" button or the "Save then add a category reduction" one. In that second case, after the group has been saved, open it again: th form will reload load with two more options:
- Category discount. Click on the "Add a category discount" to bring up a new window, which contains a list of all your categories. You can pick one, and apply a specific discount which will apply for that group of customers only, and to that category only.
- Only products which have this category as their default category will be affected by the discount. Products which have this category as a secondary category will not be affected.
- This category discount will replace any other discount that members of this group would otherwise enjoy on this category.
- You can add as many category discounts for this customer group as you need – thereby enabling to entirely give this group a whole set of different discounts if you feel the need.
- Modules restrictions. This section enables you to block members of this group to access and use some of your shop's modules. For instance, you might prefer some customers to not be able to see your top-sellers or to your specials. You can move modules from the left panel ("Authorized panel") to the right one ("Unauthorized panel") by either drag-and-dropping them with your mouse cursor, or by select many modules at a time and clicking on the "Unauthorize" button at the bottom.