Following your agreement on a product return, you should receive a package from the customer. Once you have received that package, you must create a credit slip. It can also be called "credit note" or "credit memo".
Credit slips are not created in the "Credit Slips" page, but only listed there
Delivery Slips Options
There is only one option on the page:
- Credit slip prefix. You might like to have language-tagged delivery slips. Of course, you can also choose to not have a prefix at all.
PrestaShop will then generate the credit slips number according to you settings.
Do not forget to save your changes.
Creating a Credit Slip
In your list of orders ("Orders" page), click on the order for which the customer is returning some items for more details.
Below the "Products" table, do the following:
- Check the item(s) returned.
- Check the box "Re-stock Products" if you wish to put the product back in your stock.
- Check the box "Generate a Credit Slip."
- To make a customer happy after committing an error in their order, consider giving him a voucher by checking the box next to "Generate a Voucher."
- You can also reimburse his shipping costs by clicking next to "Include Shipping."
Once you have selected all the options you want, confirm by clicking on "Refund Products."