Obviously, this feature is only useful if you do have physical stores, where customers can come buy products.
You cannot disable this feature, but you can make it inaccessible to customers:
- Delete all the stores listed in the "Store Contacts" administration page. The Stores block will not appear anymore on the front-page.
- Go the "Modules" page from the "Modules" menu. Find the "Store Locator" module and disable it.
- Disable the link in the footer: in the "Stores Contacts" administration page, choose "No" for the "Display in the footer" option.
If you do have stores in your database but you do not want the Stores block to be displayed in the front-page, either temporarily or permanently:
- Go to the "Positions" page in the "Modules" menu.
- Find the "Right column blocks" section, and delete the "Store locator block" from the list, either by click its trashcan icon, or by checking its checkbox and clicking on the "Unhook the selection" button at the top of the page.
- Reload the front-page: the Store Locator block should not be here anymore. If it is still here, it might be because of the cache: go to the "Performance" page of the "Advanced parameters" menu, disable the cache and force the theme compilation temporarily. Once all this is done, reload the front-page.
You can put the block back in the right column from the "Positions" page:
- Click on the "Transplant a module" button at the top right of the page.
- Choose the "Store locator block" module in the list.
- Choose the "displayRightColumn (Right column blocks)" hook.
- Save the page. Reload the front-page: the Stores block should be back in the right column.
You can choose how these stores are displayed in the front-office.