Let's create a new state. Click the "Add Newnew state" button to get to the creation form.
- Name. The name of the state, as it should be displayed on invoices and the package. It should therefore be in the language of the state's country.
- ISO code. The state's ISO-3166-2 code:
- Go to this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2,
- Click the state's country two-letter code (in the "Entry" column of the main table of the above mentioned Wikipedia page),
- On that same page, find the state's code (it should be in a list on the page, or in the text for the smallest countries),
- If there is one, remove the country's prefix in order to keep the code under 4 characters. For instance, the full ISO 3166-2 for Devon, in the United Kingdom, is "GB-DEV". Simply use "DEV" as the state's ISO code – it already is attached to the country using PrestaShop's "Country" drop-down list (see next step).
- Country. Indicate its country using the drop-down list.
- Zone. Indicate its geographical zone using the drop down list. Pay attention not to use the wrong zone, as this can mix up PrestaShop's country and zone settings.
- Status. A disabled state will not be suggested as an option when a visitor wants to register and create a new account.