- Ajax search. Enabling it displays a list of 10 results from the moment your customers type a few letters into the search bar, right under the search bar.
- Instant search. Enabling it displays a list of results from the moment your customers type a few letters into the search bar, directly within your shop's main content area. This setting is disabled by default, because visitors are not always used to have their whole content changed just be entering a few letters in the shop's search bar. Therefore, use with caution.
- Search within word. This option improves search by allowing you to make queries that do not only match the start of the search word; for instance, "lou" for "blouse".
- Search exact end match. With this option you can give results that will match exactly the end of the search word. For instance, if you search "book", you will see "notebook", but not "bookcase".
- Minimum word length. You can choose the minimum size at which a word may be registered in the search index and found by your customers. This feature allows you to eliminate short words in the search, such as prepositions or articles (the, and, of, etc.).
- Blacklisted words. You can choose the terms that must not be found by your visitors. Enter them directly into the field, separated by "|" ("pipe" character, not lowercase L). By default, PrestaShop fills the list with common short words.