- Go to phpMyAdmin. If you can access it, ask your host to perform these actions.
- Select your shop's database, and select the
- Click "Insert", and create a new entry with these values
- id_lang -> 1
- name -> English
- active -> 1
- iso_code -> fr
- Execute the query.
You should be able to log in again.
How to create a new translation
Follow these steps:
- Go to your PrestaShop back-office, in the "Tools" tab, and its "Languages" subtab.
- Add a new language.
- Note: You can download the flags used in PrestaShop. Don’t forget to activate the language.
- Go to the "Translations" tab.
- In the "Copy" section: select "English, prestashop" to "Your language, prestashop", then click "Copy".
- In the "Modify translations" section: choose "Front Office Translations" in the drop-down list, then click the flag of the new language. Begin to translate the fields. Click "Save the modifications" once it all seems correct to you.
- Repeat the last step for each type of translation ("Back Office", "Modules", etc.).
- Your version of PrestaShop is now totally translated! Test, test, test! Have your friends test it too!
- If you want to contribute it to the PrestaShop project, you can propose your new translation to the PrestaShop Team. In the "Export a language" section, select the new language; in the following fields select "prestashop" then click "Export". Save this file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with as subject "New translation: XX" with "XX" being ISO code of the language.
- You have contributed to the PrestaShop project! Thank you so much!